I planted the seed of my grassroots movement over 3 years ago and the movement has finally taken root and started to spread as our 4th year approaches. So let me begin to share what I have learned as a grower of a grassroots movement. Here we go.
To GROW A Grassroots Movement you need:
- A Tribe- Build your tribe of people who will follow you anywhere. Your tribe will spread your word and movement for you and be your cheerleader.
- Build trust and relationships- Be humble, share your knowledge and experiences with people. Did you know that people will trust you more and want to help you once they know that you are sincere about helping others succeed.
- Build up your patience muscle- Know that the business of building your grassroots movement takes time. Patience is a MUST for this type of work.
- Increase your connection net worth- Did you know that an entrepreneurs greatest assets are their connections? When growing your grassroots movement your cash cow are your connections.
- Stay relevant - Don't fall off the grid too long as people will forget about you and think you have moved on. Always share, post and bring awareness to your followers and the movement so it continues to grow and spread.
- Get out and attend some events, collaborate, connect and follow-up with new prospects. You never know who may want to join your movement or be your next sponsor.
I hope that these steps will help you in your journey as a grassroots movement grower. Please leave comments on how this article has helped you and how you can use it in your business.
And please feel free to share this post with others.
If you need more help or would like to have me as a speaker or as a grassroots movement consult as you plant your seedlings for your movement please feel free to connect with me by email at:
Eager to help!
Linda Otterbridge, MA
President of Hook a Sista Up