Holly Amarandei of Yummy Life Wellness
Learn about Yummy Life Wellness Below and please visit and support Holly in her business venture. Check out what Holly has to say.
You can say that I am a certified Life and Health Coach, as well as a nutritional therapist. I specialize in helping women and their families transform their relationship with food and with themselves so they can overcome their obstacles to happiness.
My personal journey in wellness and holistic healing came about as a result of a lifetime of mood issues, debilitating stress, loss, infertility and chronic pain. And the weight and body image issues that went along with all of this fabulous stuff.
I got my first taste of dieting upon hitting puberty, where I was mortified by the number on the scale at one of those embarrassing class weigh ins. My first restrictive diet followed. I loved being thinner, but I loved food more. I loved the way food made me feel, how it comforted me when I felt like an outcast, ugly and alone. I was hiding and sneaking food on a regular basis by the time I was 10 years old, and by the time I was 11.
The real wake up call happened when I realized that dieting was no longer the answer. It wasn’t working anymore – my body had changed and the chronic stress had really done a number on me. My cravings for sweets and junk food carbs were out of control, and I couldn’t stick to a diet. I couldn’t diet, so I saw myself as a failure, and to cope with these feelings, I would eat more. I spent a long time in the land of denial. I didn’t wear form-fitting clothes. I didn’t look in the mirror, except for my face. I preferred to eat alone (if no one sees you, the calories don’t count, right?)
Before becoming a life and health coach, I had dreams of becoming a therapist, which is why I got my MS in Counseling Psychology. Realizing that I am much too neurotic to be a full time mental health professional, I decided to combine my knowledge and education with my passion for food and healthy living to create one kick ass health coach!
I focus on positive thinking, reframing thoughts, re-creating a caring and nurturing relationship with food and eating, and infusing life with fun and pleasure. I work with my clients so that they can get out of their own way, learn new ways to incorporate comfort food into their life, and release weight without dieting, deprivation or counting till the cows come home. When you work with me, you can expect to:
- understand and deconstruct your cravings
- identify the root causes of excess weight, mood swings, stress and other “weird” symptoms
- stop living in denial and start taking responsibility for taking care of you and your body
- learn mindful eating techniques that will transform your relationship with food forever
- jointly strategize meal planning and pre-planning
- learn stress management techniques that will alter your both your mental and physical health
- nourish yourself with more than just food
- have breakthrough after breakthrough as you shift your mindset and break negative thinking patterns that are keeping you stuck
- My business is based on the strategies I have used in my own life to break free from the cravings that were holding me prisoner and release the fat that was weighing me down. I now stay (mostly) in control and present, and find pleasure in all aspects of my chaotic life. As your coach, I will work with you create a detailed, realistic plan of action specific to your needs and tailored toward you achieving your deepest desires. I will guide you as you implement your plan, be here for support when you veer off the beaten path, kick your butt back into gear if you need it, and provide you with the accountability that you need to meet all of your goals in less time than you ever thought possible.
Embracing the Power of Food Together,
Holly Amarandei, MS, CPC, CHHC
Certified Life & Holistic Health Coach, Nutritional Therapist
Support our HASU member and try her services today. Help Holly rev up her revenue this week as our Wednesday Woman in Business Spotlight member.
Linda Otterbridge, MA
President/Owner of Hook a Sista Up